Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 1999 10:27:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mychal McGrew <myc@vapor.westin16.flyingcroc.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   help with ipfw?

Greetings,

I've got a machine that has 2 ip addresses bound to one interface (fxp0) -
One we'll say is 192.168.142.1, and the other is 192.168.142.2 -- What I'm
having problems with is this:

I am trying to run 2 ftp daemons on one machine.  I was under the
impression that I could run 2 ftp daemons, 1 bound to one ip address, and
the other bound to the other ip address, and I would be fine with running
them both on port 21.  This doesn't seem to be the case, because I still
get bind errors.

What I'm trying to do now, is just run the regular 192.168.142.1 ftp
server on port 21, and have the other ftp server run on another
port.  Then, I was wondering if there is a way to forward all traffic from
192.168.142.2's port 21 to another port that I pick.

Is this possible?  If you're not getting what I'm trying to say, let me
know, and I'll try to explain in greater detail.  Thanks, and I appreciate
any help anyone can give me.

Regards,

Mychal L. McGrew
UNIX Systems Administrator