Date:      Sat, 09 Nov 1996 21:42:05 -0500
From:      Ken Lam <klam@awod.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>, "=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=" (Andrey A.    Chernov) <ache@nagual.ru>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current), scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI system becomes broken in -current?

At 06:15 PM 11/9/96 -0800, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
>>I have
>>ahc0: <Adaptec 284X SCSI host adapter> at 0x1c00-0x1cff irq 11 on eisa0
slot 1
>>ahc0: aic7770 >= Rev E, Single Channel, SCSI Id=7, 4 SCBs
>>ahc0: target 0 Tagged Queuing Device
>>(ahc0:0:0): "CONNER CFP1060S 1.05GB 2135" type 0 fixed SCSI 2
>>sd0(ahc0:0:0): Direct-Access 1013MB (2074880 512 byte sectors)
>
>Do you have the required firmware upgrade for this drive that makes tagged
>queuing work correctly with it?  The driver is a bit faster then it was
>before and I don't know exactly what it was about this drive that makes it
>go out to lunch, but it wouldn't surprise me if getting transactions too
>quickly caused you problems.  I do not know where you can get the firmware
>upgrade from.  I tried www.conner.com, but Seagate has that now...

Actually, Justin, these results look just like the errors which I got when
you first integrated the SCSI changes into -current tree and I rebuilt for
my neptune motherboard.  Perhaps it is the problem with mem mapped io?

I'd put OPTIONS AHC_FORCE_PIO into the configuration and rebuild.

-Ken
---
Ken Lam                                                   lam@awod.com
Integrated Technical Systems
Systems, Networks, and Internet Solutions -- Defining Technology Today
  "'Plug and Play' was only applicable to the original ATARI(tm)"