Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 12:26:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brook <forger@bcgrizzly.com>
To:        Morgan Neubauer <MorganN@WNI.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 100baseTX LinkSys: failed to send setup frame: ...get an answer?

Hey, I don't recall ever getting a useful answer to this, I think I just
dealt with it or it went away or something (the 10Mbps machine was only
temporary).  However I experianced the same problem again recently with
the same 100Mbps machine (now on the dc0 driver of FreeBSD 4.0).

This was after I had done some swapping of PCI cards and what seemed to
fix it was to switch the position of my PCI cards so that my video adapter
was in the first slot and the net card in the second.  I remember back
when I first got this computer that it only booted if the video card was
in the first slot, but I had since moved it out (because I had added a
soundcard which only seemed to work in the first slot).  The term
"bus master" comes to mind, but I'm not sure if it's applicable.

If you're desperate for an answer you might try experimenting with the
order of your PCI cards

+---