Date:      Sun, 01 Aug 2004 22:09:35 -0400
From:      Bob Perry <rperry4@earthlink.net>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help Connecting NT 4.0 to Internet via LAN

Bill Moran wrote:

>Bob Perry <rperry4@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>Trying to reinstall Windows NT 4.0 and reconnect it to the internet via LAN
>>with FreeBSD 4.9 as the server.
>>
>>I had previously attempted to repair a corrupted system file in my NT box
>>but was unsuccessful.  I ended up reinstalling back to the original Service
>>Pack 1.   My plan now is to upgrade the IE browser and OS on-line but I'm
>>having trouble getting the browser to work.
>>
>>At this stage, the NT box can ping web sites successfully using
>>their IP address but not the URL name.
>>

>Sounds like your DNS is not set up on the NT box.  Set up your DNS on the
>NT box, and all should be well.

I was able to make some adjustments in the NT box as recommended.
Unfortunately, I made them without testing immediately afterward so
I'd rather not report them to the list at this time.

I do, however, have access to the internet now on the NT side.

Thanks for your help.

Bob Perry

--
I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly
distributed.

FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p2 #0