Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 15:11:29 -0400
From:      "Thimble Smith" <tim@mysql.com>
To:        Marc Dodsworth <marcd@tpg.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Slight OT - StarOffice  & MySQL

On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 01:59:47PM +0930, Marc Dodsworth wrote:
> I have StarOffice 5.1 and MySQL 3.22.32 running on FreeBSD 4.0 Relases
> and would like to get them to talk.  StarOffice supports JDBC and ODBC
> connection.

Have you gone through the ODBC section in the MySQL manual?  If so,
what problems did you run into?

I don't know anything about odbc, since I've never needed to use it.
But I do know that lots of people use MySQL w/ ODBC all of the time.
Also, there are two Java drivers that seem to work well (mm and twz).
All of these packages are available from the MySQL web site (look in
the Contrib section).

Tim
--
Tim Smith   < tim@mysql.com >  :MySQL Development Team:  Boone, NC  USA.