Date:      Fri, 09 Jun 2006 14:18:11 +0200
From:      Xavier Otazu <xotazu@cvc.uab.es>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   vmware cannot detect physical hard drive

	Hello:

	When trying to configure a virutal machine using vmware3, I
tell it to use a physical drive, but it tells that /dev/hda is not
present.

	I have activated linproc, and a /compat/linux/dev/hda
file was created afeter installing vmware. I've also loaded aio.ko as
suggested by installation script. ACPIis also loaded because I cannot
unload it.

	What do I have to do to connect /compat/linux/dev/hda to the
physical drive?

	Thanks in advance

Xavier