Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:22:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kenneth Stailey <kstailey@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ARP API documentation?

Hi,

I search and search but cannot find any documentation on the user-space level
API for ARP.  I know of only two code examples in the tree (usr.sbin/arp/arp.c
and usr.sbin/ppp/arp.c) and I do not wish to play guessing games about the
protocol.

It's clear that you open a PF_ROUTE raw socket and write a message to it to
manipulate the ARP tables.  Is the format of the message documented anywhere?

Thanks,
Ken