Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 02:02:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Driver for Adaptec/Dell/HP PCI:SCSI RAID adapters available

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Mike Smith wrote:

> > These adapters are OEMed by Dell as the PERC 2/QC and by HP as the HP
> > NetRAID-4m.

FWIW, I've got a plethora of 2450's and 4350's at work...  I think some
have the PERC 3, but I'll check tomorrow...  and grab any with the PERC
2 (or are the 2/3 models closely enough related to both be
supported?).  I'm definately up for some testing...  Up to now, we've been
using Linux on these with a Dell-provided, binary kernel module - ick (the
PERC stuff isn't in Linux' standard RAID support)!

Thanks for making my weekend.

-mrh