Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 1999 21:15:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dan Parsons <dan@gamma.stepahead.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound Support

FreeBSD experts:

	I have been trying to make my sound cards work under FreeBSD for
about 10 hours now, with absolutely no success.

I have tried three cards.

Opti 82C931. Windows reports the following:
IOs @ 0x534-0x537, 0x3a0-0x3ab, 0x240-0x24f, 0e0c-0e0f
irq 5, dma 03, dma 00
This card works perfectly under Windows, Linux and BeOS

ESS 1868 AudioDrive. Windows reports the following:
IOs @ 0x220-0x22f, 0x388-0x48b, 0x330-0x331
irq 5, dma 1, dma 3
This card works perfectly under Windows and Linux, but not BeOS

Crystal FSSC-CS2 X 3D, bassed on CS4237B. Windows reports:
Mode: Sound Blaster Pro
DMA 1, io 0x220h
This card works perfectly under Windows, haven't tried under Linux.

I've tried usind snd0, pcm0, using both wss0 and sb0 for hours and hours
and hours. FreeBSD reports that any of this is not found, no matter what
settings I've used. I've tried every IO/irq/dma combination possible for
every single card that I have. I will mail a 1.2GB EIDE hard drive to the
person that helps me make this work. I know it may not be much, but hey,
ITS FREE, and I *really* need help. I would really appreciate even a phone
call if possible - (914) 254-4698. I can call you back and pay for the
call. Thank you very much.

Dan Parsons
Senior Network Administrator
StepAhead Communications