Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 15:43:20 +0400
From:      Vladimir Krichko <bob@sw.ru>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   arpwatch

How can I build arpwatch port in 2.1.0 box?  I can make it all, but it says
ld.so: arpwatch: Can't find shared library "libpcap.so.2.0"

When I try to download and make libpcap from
ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/libpcap.tar.Z
as recommended in that package, I find only version libpcap-0.4a2. Moreover,
when I make it all, this package creates libpcap.a only, not libpcap.so.*

As far as I know, the libpcap sources were included in some 2.2 stable
version. So what can I do without upgrading?

Best regards,
Bob