Date:      Sat, 18 Feb 1995 16:20:13 +0059 (MET)
From:      Andreas Schulz <ats@g386bsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        amurai@spec.co.jp
Cc:        julian@tfs.com, jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Lion ISDN Card

> interesing for this. Because my office and home has a ISDN(2B+1D) and
> connecting OKI PC LINK TA ( one B chanel and Analog speed is 38400bps
> with v110 ) for uucp and ppp(iijppp). As you might know, This TA
> connecting through Normal Async SIO (16550AFN). And 38.4KBps is not
> limit of B channel itself,(each B channel has 56Kbps in U.S. And
> 64Kbps in Japan) but it's require Sync SIO(HDLC board). So if I need
> both Sync SIO Board and Software Driver for my FreeBSD machine X-(.
>
> But if this Lion ISDN board and driver has Hayes AT command set,
> we can use a New iij-ppp0.94 that already has a SYNC PPP mode by
> dail on demand (Hopely I try put into by 2.1R ;-)
>
> Could you tell me a cost and how to import this card by Credit card ;-)

I fear you can forget that idea :-(.

To clarify some things in ISDN, ISDN is not ISDN in other countries :-).
The signalling in the D-channel is country-dependent. And most cards
on the german market only support the german and the european standard.
German standard is 1TR6, european standard EDSS1, british telecom ISDN2,
france telecom VN3, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone INS64, AT&T 5ESS 5E5.

That is only the list i found in the ISDN driver from SUN, that supports
the above, so there may be even more standards for the signalling they
don't support :-).

	  ATS ( ats@first.gmd.de or ats@cs.tu-berlin.de )

Andreas Schulz  GMD-FIRST     12489  Berlin-Adlershof  Rudower Chaussee 5
Gebaeude 13.7   Tel: +49-30-6392-1856/+49-177-2134745    Germany/Europe