Date:      Mon, 04 Aug 2008 16:24:39 -0700
From:      Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/125993: www/firefox3 is unusable

Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 01:35:05 -0500, Joe Kelsey
> <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us> wrote:
>
>> Jeremy Messenger wrote:

>>> Download two files and put in totem/files, then reinstall it and
>>> copy plugins in ~/.mozilla/plugins. Let me know if it's fixed for
>>> you. It's fixed for me, firefox3 doesn't crash anymore in over 10
>>> different websites that I have tested.
>>>
>>> http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ports-stable/multimedia/totem/files/patch-browser-plugin_totemClassInfo.h
>>> http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ports-stable/multimedia/totem/files/patch-configure
>>>
>> These files work great for me.  Firefox3 no longer crashes with totem.
>>
>> Thank you very much for working on this problem.
>
> Good. Does the gtk-gnash problem still exists even with totem fixed? I
> can't reproduce your problem with gnash and gnash-devel when I was
> work on add USE_WEBPLUGINS. It is possible has to do with amd64 as I
> only have i386 machines.
It is very puzzling.  I had gnash working fine two months ago, then it
stopped, even in firefox3.  I even had gnash-devel working.  It loads
and starts, but does not actually do anything.  I was getting
occaisional errors when the plugin was cleaning up, some messages about
any errors after this point are due to thread cleanup right before
segfaults, but it is not consistent and mostly just does not work.

So, totem works fine now, but gnash does not work anymore.  I wish I
knew why!  I miss You Tube!

Sign.

/Joe