Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2012 20:42:55 +1000
From:      Chris Knight <stryqx@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hyper-V Integration Components Patch for FreeBSD 8.2, 8.3, 9.0 and 9.1-BETA1

Hello,

I've created some patchsets based on the beta release of the Hyper-V
integration components for FreeBSD.

The patchsets are for 8.2, 8.3, 9.0 and 9.1-BETA1 and can be found here:
http://blog.chrisara.com.au/2012/08/hyper-v-integration-components-for_13.html

Although the Hyper-V kernel modules compile, they'll cause a kernel
panic if loaded, but I got them built cleanly to allow for easy kernel
swapping using nextboot.
Using GEOM labels makes it easy to swap between a Hyper-V enabled
kernel and a non-Hyper-V enabled kernel.

It's also worth noting that the Hyper-V network driver is flaky - UDP
works fairly well, but TCP is very flaky. Haven't yet got to the root
cause of this.

The storage performance increase is very nice, as is the heartbeat and
shutdown capabilities. I've yet to check if KVP functionality is
included.

--
Regards,
Chris Knight