Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2023 14:38:03 -0700
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stable/14 dropping ssh connections to FT232 usb-serial adapter

[Apologies for the confusion over lengthy output; I mixed up two
different hosts and thought I had vastly more to post than I did]

On Sat, Oct 28, 2023 at 10:31:53AM -0700, Mark Millard wrote:
> On Oct 26, 2023, at 07:42, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net> wrote:
>
> > ucom_inwakeup: tp=0xd6c38800
> > ucom_inwakeup: tp=0xd6c38800
> > ucom_close: tp=0xd6c38800
> > ucom_shutdown:
> > ucom_dtr: onoff = 0
> > ucom_line_state: on=0x00, off=0x01
> > ucom_rts: onoff = 1
> > ucom_line_state: on=0x02, off=0x00
> > ucom_cfg_close:
>
> To me this just looks like the process using ucom for this
> just quit using it for this, closing the use down in a normal
> manor. The question likely becomes what is going on in that
> more overall context. It would be good to figure out what
> sequence initiated what lead to ucom_close, not that I've a
> clue for a good way to get that information.

The next two candidates seem to be ssh (used to link hosts)
and tip (used to link the shell spawned by loging to the USB
end of the usb-serial adapter). Ssh was in the past invoked
with -v to obtain debugging information but no explicit
errors turned up. Is there any error reporting for tip?
I don't see anything about debug features in the man page.

For quite some time there were (I thought) complaints about
fragmented packets causing network connections to break. Did
that get fixed and migrated to armv7? -current used to have
problems with dropped ssh connections which seem to have been
fixed.

> I've not seen anything that I'd guess to be an error visible
> via the USB messages. (But I'm no expert.)

Thanks for replying!

bob prohaska