Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 2003 07:18:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Jingrong Xie <xjrcool@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:    Re: AIC7899's 2 SCSI channels infect with each other in target mode?

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Jingrong Xie wrote:
> I have two machine A and B, each with a 39160 card (aic7899 processor),
> the Installatioin Guide of the card says, "The Adaptec SCSI Card 39160 has
> two INDEPENDENT SCSI channels, ...".

That is correct.

> I use Nate's scsi_target  on A, and my test_write_scsi.c on B to write to
> Emulated Disk uninterruptedly, it works perfectly.
> Also using scsi_target on B and test_write_scsi.c on A works perfectly.
> But when I use the two at the same time, kernel code of scsi_target crash
> like this:
>
> Fatal trap 12: page fault wihle in kernel mode
> Stopped at targdone + 0x84: movl %eax, 0x20(%edx)
>
> <<<<<<<<Dump Card State Ends>>>>>>>>
> ahc1: Bus Device Reset on Ahc0(0:5:1) SCBS aborted.

You shouldn't be able to do this since ahc(4) does not support
simultaneous target/initiator mode.  When you have two instances running
and then attempt to scan the other, the ahc driver should not allow this.

Still, this does appear to be a problem in targ(4) and I'll look into it.
I'm very busy so it may take me a while to get my target testing rig up
again.

> A# scsi_target 0:5:0
> B# camcontrol rescan 0
> B# ./test_write_scsi
>
> B# scsi_target 1:5:0
> A# camcontrol rescan 1
> A# ./test-write_scsi

I'd like to see your code for "test-write_scsi".  This seems to show that
you run them sequentially, not concurrently.

-Nate