Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 09:31:37 +0100
From:      "Greg Quinlan" <greg@qmpgmc.ac.uk>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Server trying to connect to Port 113

I am not on the mailing list so please include me in your reply.

Can someone explain what this remote system is trying to do?

May 21 09:22:14 amanda /kernel: ipfw: 24110 Deny TCP <their ip>:1937 <our
ip>:113 in via fxp1
May 21 09:22:35 amanda last message repeated 3 times

Extract from /etc/services

auth            113/tcp    ident tap    #Authentication Service
auth            113/udp    ident tap    #Authentication Service

Greg