Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:31:00 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        shudo@computer.org
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fwd: FreeBSD Foundation Announces Java License for FreeBSD

On Tue, Dec 25, 2001 at 05:26:07PM +0900, shudo@computer.org wrote:
> Several questions come to my mind.
>
> - Which version of Java 2 SDK will be released
>   in a binary form with FreeBSD 4.5?
>   I guess 1.3.1p5, p6 or p7 can be a likely candidate.
>   How about Native Threads and HotSpot VMs?

1.3.1 is the most likely candidate at this point.  Native threads and
HotSpot depend entirely on their status as the release date for 4.5
draws closer.

> - How is the compatibility test with the JCK progressing?
>   The binary being released will have to pass the JCK.
>   Is this assumption correct?

This is a correct assumption.  I've no status to report on the JCK yet.

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Phone : (801) 796 6999