Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2022 20:00:33 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <darius@dons.net.au>
To:        Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        freebsd- <hackers@freebsd.org>, "usb@freebsd.org" <usb@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: usb CH9102 serial chip

> On 17 Feb 2022, at 19:50, Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il> wrote:
>=20
>> If that is the case then the chip/driver are working fine since that =
requires bidirectional communication etc..
>>=20
>=20
> but that works only if I power up the board while pressing a button, =
then it also appears as /dev/ttyU0, and
> so then I can flash, after reset, the device is gone and there are =
errors ( BTW, the flashed image workes):
>=20
> Feb 17 09:46:59 pampero kernel: usbd_setup_device_desc: getting device =
descriptor at addr 4 failed, USB_ERR_IOERROR
> Feb 17 09:47:00 pampero kernel: usbd_req_re_enumerate: addr=3D4, set =
address failed! (USB_ERR_IOERROR, ignored)

What sort of dev board is it?

Seems very strange the USB UART would behave differently unless it's =
wired up in an unusual way IMO.

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."