Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 1995 16:07:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      LAJOIE@yalph2.physics.yale.edu
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Working /dev/io in 2.0R?

I have a Digicom Connection 14.4+FAX DSP modem and I have gotten it to work
fine under FreeBSD by booting DOS first (ugh!) to download the DSP file, and
then booting FreeBSD.  I have the code from Linux (smdl.c from Mark Steven de
Sagun Tamula) to download a DSP file, but it has a few problems...

1. Is /dev/io "working" in 2.0R?  This code needs a working /dev/io, and the
"rumor" is that is wasn't working in previous versions..

2. The code calls the Linux function ioperm() to set up communication with
the com port the DSP modem is connected to.  Any idea what perform this
function in FreeBSD?

	Any hints or suggestions that anyone could throw my way would be
greatly appreciated.....Thanks!!

John Lajoie
Yale University Physics Dept.
lajoie@yalph1.physics.yale.edu