Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 00:19:51 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <mckay@thehub.com.au>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>, mckay@thehub.com.au
Subject:   Re: Conclusions on... was Re: More on the cache_purgeleafdirs() routine

On Sunday, 23rd September 2001, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>Things to look out for:
>
>1. !ufs filesystems

I am irredeemably slack for not testing this a lot but...

I believe I saw bad interactions between vmiodirenable and isofs on 4.3-R.

I mounted a CD, looked at stuff on it, did a lot of other work, went back
to the CD and files were screwy (files contained the contents of other
files, files were zero size).  I unmounted and remounted the CD and
everything was fine.  The machine is a reliable old workhorse, and has
no hardware errors.

Since then, I've not had a chance to go back and check.  It's only because
you are making vmiodirenable the default that I'm mentioning it.  Sorry
for not making a proper bug report containing actual facts. :-(

Stephen.