Date:      Thu, 31 May 2012 00:02:40 +0100
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        "David Chisnall" <theraven@FreeBSD.org>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Why Are You Using FreeBSD?

1. The community - Unlike Linux which is very fragmented by all the different flavours and hence individual communities, FreeBSD
has one community who are always happy to help with hints tips and advice. This simply cant be beaten!

2. Stability - There's always issue with any OS but in our many years of using FreeBSD, we've never had any issues which haven't
been able to fix quickly with the help of the community.

3. Easy and quick to install servers - No other OS comes close with regards to simplicity of install to get a "server" up and
running. Initially we used the standard sysinstall, which while had its quirks was still many times faster and easier to use than
any Linux installer I've tried. Recently we've been using a small custom version of mfsBSD (http://mfsbsd.vx.sk/) which enables us
to do base machine install on any hardware we run in minutes.

If you want a 4th I'd have to say ZFS support, the flexibility and simplicity this has brought to the management of storage under
FreeBSD has been a godsend! This is the big new one for us :)

    Regard
    Steve