Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2012 21:53:28 -0400
From:      George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Browsing over IPv6

On 07/02/12 16:29, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 07/02/2012 04:12, George Mitchell wrote:
>
>> I've been using IPv6 for quite a few years without problems and I've
>> had no difficulty browsing
>
> Many more sites are actually putting, or have put, IPv6 into production
> since the latest world IPv6 day last month. Some growing pains are
> inevitable.
>
> Doug

This problem may be here in FreeBSD.  Here's my setup:

Me <--ethernet, MTU1500, native IPv6--> mattapan <-|

World <-- v6 in v4 tunnel, gif0, MTU1280-----------|

(mattapan is my FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE router, "Me" is running 9.0-STABLE.)
If I run "route change -inet6 :: -mtu 1280" on "Me," everything starts
working again.  Should this be necessary?                    -- George