Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2000 23:28:55 -0500
From:      Lucas Bergman <iceberg@pobox.com>
To:        media@ct1.nai.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compatible video cards??

> I am running FreeBSD 3.4 and XFree86 3.3.5 on a 133 Pentium.
>
> Does anyone have a URL for a list of compatible video cards??
>
> I have a Jaton Video107PCI.  Unfortunately I cannot check my FreeBSD
> documentation at the moment because the hardware is currently
> disassembled.

Basically any standard video card will do in console mode.  To see
what cards are known to work with X, check

   http://www.xfree86.org/cardlist.html

Note that this list applies to the latest 3.3.x release of XFree86,
which I think is 3.3.6, so there will be some small discrepancies
between this and the list for 3.3.5.

<pedantic>
  This question is technically off-topic, since the list of video
  cards compatible with XFree86 has nothing to do with FreeBSD.
</pedantic>

Regards,
  Lucas
--