Date:      Tue, 09 Nov 1999 12:51:17 -0500
From:      Sean Michael Whipkey <highway@cstone.net>
To:        eng@cstone.net, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Quotation

Begin quote:
CBSMW: In your current company, Encanto, you don't use Microsoft's
software. You're using a Linux-like software, right?

Frankenberg: We are using an open-source software product; it's Free
BSD, as opposed to Linux. Free BSD is a particular flavor of the Unix
operating system. It does an exceptionally good job. The operating
system is distributed for free. Those that write enhancements to it are
required to make those available to everyone. This has resulted in a
significant amount of innovations and new capabilities.

From:
http://cbs.marketwatch.com/archive/19991108/news/current/soapbox.htx?source=blq/yhoo&dist=yhoo

(Courtesy of /.)

I'm not even going to go into how annoying that question sounds,
though..."Linux-like" indeed.

SeanMike

--
Sean Michael Whipkey - highway@cstone.net - www.cstone.net
Engineering Department, Cornerstone Networks, Inc. - 804.817.7000