Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 1999 00:30:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Call for Review: TCP timer changes

[Resending to -net after typo fix...]

<<On Fri, 27 Aug 1999 00:11:59 -0400 (EDT), I wrote:

> I'm particularly interesting in hearing from Alpha users.

Another area which might need further investigation is better tuning
of ncallout and callwheelsize.  Right now, the callout wheel is sized
on the assumption that there will only ever be `ncallout' callouts
active simultaneously.  (This is not a correctness constraint, but
affects efficiency.)  This means that the most efficient operation
for machines with large numbers of outstanding TCP connections will
likely require a partial decoupling of the two; since TCP allocates
its own callout structures, high values of ncallout would needlessly
waste memory.

-GAWollman