Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2012 10:22:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Marc Fournier <mfournier@sd63.bc.ca>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mapping / -> jboss:/application in Apache ...

What is the currently recommended way to do this? I'm trying proxy_ajp in Apache 2.2, since it seems the simplist to setup, and reduces the # of modules I need to support ... but if I do something like:

ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/subfolder
ProxyPassReverse / ajp://localhost:8009/subfolder

When I go to:

http://localhost

the url gets rewritten as 'http://localhost/subfolder

and I get an error:

HTTP Status 404 - /subfoldersubfolder/

from jboss ...

I want the whole /subfolder to be hidden behind the scenes, since this is the only thing being served from that server, and adding /subfolder/ just makes the URL longer then it needs to be ...

Is this a problem with using Apache2.2/proxy_ajp itself, or how I'm setting up the proxy stuff ... ? If its with Apache2.2, would using mod_jk fix it?

Or, should I just change the context-path in jboss to re-point :8080/ and do / on Apache -> :8080/ on jboss ... ?

Thoughts / advice?

thanks ...