Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:27:49 -0600
From:      "Timms, Simon" <STimms@petro-canada.ca>
To:        "'greyrain77@excite.com'" <greyrain77@excite.com>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Question - startx, KDE

Hi, welcome to FreeBSD!

Take a look at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11-wm.html.

The long and short of it is make sure you have KDE installed and then =
do
echo "exec startkde" > ~/.xinitrc

Now when you run startx KDE should launch automatically.  The FreeBSD
handbook is a wonderful resource and can be found at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html, =
most
of your questions can be answered by reading it.=20
=20