Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:55:59 -0700
From:      Rob <rob@pythonemproject.com>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: make buildworld fails at gperf

Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 10:43:05AM -0700, Rob wrote:
> > With a fresh cvsup and rm -r /usr/obj, I then get the following error in
> > gperf when typing make buildworld:
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong?   Thanks,  Rob.
> >
> > -----------------------------------
> > uname -a output:
> >
> > FreeBSD c888746-a.attbi.com 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Sat May
> > 25 19:42:56 PDT 2002
> > rob@c888746-a.attbi.com:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/LAPTOP  i386
> >
> Smells like your C++ bits are broken.  Have you upgraded this box to
> GCC 3.1 yet?  If not, try reverting to Makefile.inc1,v 1.295 and see
> if that helps.  (``cc -v'' and ``c++ -v'' would be a hint here.)

Thanks Ruslan for the help.  I renamed Makefile.inc1 to a new name, then
installed the 1.295 version from CVS.  But when I type make buildworld I
get:  (paraphrasing) error on line 2: no operator.  I've looked at the
two .inc1 files, and I can't see anywhere in the beginning where they
differ, except in the comment statements.  I wonder if I can just
install gcc3.1 somehow, and then proceed normally?

Rob.