Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 08:25:44 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@hades.hell.gr>
To:        Mark Shirley <mark@entropynet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: need updated sysinstall

On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 09:59:42PM -0500, Mark Shirley wrote:

> my intention is not to update the entire system, i just want an
> updated sysinstall with bug fixes for general system configureation
> and partitioning.

Oh, but you can use the cvsup'ed sources to build sysinstall if that's
your intention.  But I seem to prefer fdisk(8) after the installation
is completed.  I keep a hardcopy of the following lines in a drawer
near by:

	# Use with: fdisk -f FILE
	# NUM TYPE START    LENGTH
	p 1   165  63       8289477
	p 2   165  8289540  2040255
	p 3   165  10329795 2040255
	p 4   165  12370050 224910
	a 1

This has saved my ass quite a few times, when I needed to change the
partition table, giving temporarily a partition to Linux, or that
"other" OS.  Of course, that was before I dedicated the entire disk to
FreeBSD ;)

Ciao.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
"Don't let your schooling interfere with your education." [Mark Twain]