Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2006 22:58:37 +0500
From:      Gaspar Chilingarov <casper@mail.web.am>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bug in ultp ? (amd64 + HP 1020 printer)

Hello all!

I'm running latest -current (Aug 13) on AMD64 and got the following
problem -- HP 1020 printer does not respond at all to the commands.
At first  -- the firmwre should be loaded there (on attch) and then
image data to be output on the printed (I've converted it from ps with
gs and foo2zjs).

In linux (Ubuntu) on the same hardware I've succeeded to boot system,
run
cat firmware > /dev/usblp0
cat testpage > /dev/usblp0

and it worked. I've also ensured that no initializations scripts for
printer are run on startup. Both commands work without any delays.

on freebsd first command -- cat firmvare > /dev/ulpt0 just hangs and a
little bit later in syslog i can see
 kernel: ulpt0: offline

I've tried compiling kernel with and without ehci -- it does not affect
anything. Now I have kernel compiled with debugging, but usb stack
prints too much log data - so if someone is interesed - just please let
me know with which log level and with which options I should try to
connect printer and send there a data.

Thanks in advance.

/Gaspar Chilingarov