Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:09:58 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        deischen@freebsd.org
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panics on 24 hour boundaries

At 03:59 PM 01/10/2003, Daniel Eischen wrote:

>You can also try setting your clocks ahead (or back) and see
>if the crashes move with the time change.

Tried that and it didnt make a difference.  Also, at the time, the box
seemed to panic when periodic was running.  BUT if I changed the daily
scripts to run a few hours after boot time, it would not die.  I could run
daily to my hearts content manually, but no crash.  (I also made sure than
the disk cache would be flushed by running md5 on a 1 gig file a couple of
time in case it was some combo disk / cache issue).  In my case, removing
INET6 from the kernel totally solved the problem.

         ---Mike