Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 08:48:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      oleg@pobox.com
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc:        oleg@pobox.com
Subject:   ports/13124: New port, LinAlg; request for local hosting

>Number:         13124
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       New port, LinAlg; request for local hosting
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

	This is a submission of a new port LinAlg -- C++ Linear Algebra
and Optimization classlib. I also would like to request hosting of a distfile
LinAlg4.3.tar.gz [108,315 bytes] under MASTER_SITE_LOCAL.

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	linalg
#	linalg/files
#	linalg/files/md5
#	linalg/pkg
#	linalg/pkg/PLIST
#	linalg/pkg/COMMENT
#	linalg/pkg/DESCR
#	linalg/pkg/MESSAGE
#	linalg/Makefile
#
echo c - linalg
mkdir -p linalg > /dev/null 2>&1
echo c - linalg/files
mkdir -p linalg/files > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - linalg/files/md5
sed 's/^X//' >linalg/files/md5 << 'END-of-linalg/files/md5'
XMD5 (LinAlg4.3.tar.gz) = b5b4d5907f60f8517532af6bc23efd01
END-of-linalg/files/md5
echo c - linalg/pkg
mkdir -p linalg/pkg > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - linalg/pkg/PLIST
sed 's/^X//' >linalg/pkg/PLIST << 'END-of-linalg/pkg/PLIST'
Xlib/libla.a
Xshare/doc/LinAlg/README
Xinclude/LinAlg/LinAlg.h
Xinclude/LinAlg/LAStreams.h
Xinclude/LinAlg/builtin.h
Xinclude/LinAlg/math_num.h
Xinclude/LinAlg/minmax.h
Xinclude/LinAlg/myenv.h
Xinclude/LinAlg/std.h
Xinclude/LinAlg/svd.h
X@dirrm share/doc/LinAlg
X@dirrm include/LinAlg
END-of-linalg/pkg/PLIST
echo x - linalg/pkg/COMMENT
sed 's/^X//' >linalg/pkg/COMMENT << 'END-of-linalg/pkg/COMMENT'
XC++ Linear Algebra and Optimization classlib.
END-of-linalg/pkg/COMMENT
echo x - linalg/pkg/DESCR
sed 's/^X//' >linalg/pkg/DESCR << 'END-of-linalg/pkg/DESCR'
X        LinAlg -- C++ Linear Algebra and Optimization classlib
XKeywords:
X        Numerical Math, Scientific Computing, BLAS, lazy matrices,
Xdeterminant, matrix inverse, matrix streams, SVD, Singular Value
XDecomposition, optimization, nested functions
XThe LinAlg class library:
X- defines Matrix, Vector, subMatrices, and LAStreams over real domain;
X- contains efficient and fool-proof implementations of level 1 and 2
X  BLAS (element-wise operations and various multiplications),
X  transposition, determinant evaluation and matrix inverse.
X- There are operations on a single row/col/diagonal of a matrix.
X- Distinct features of the package are Matrix views, various Matrix
X  streams, and LazyMatrices. Lazy construction allows one to write
X  matrix expressions in a natural way while imposing no hidden
X  temporaries, no deep copying, and no reference counting.
X- LinAlg stresses Matrix streams, which provide a sequential
X  view/access to a matrix or its parts. LABlockStreams may
X  span over an arbitrary rectangular block of a matrix, including the
X  whole matrix, a single matrix element, and all other block sizes in
X  between. Matrix streams are seek-able and
X  subrange-able. A stream or a substream are always created in-line;
X  they do not allocate any heap storage, and are safe.
X- The package implements Singular Value Decomposition (SVD), and its
X  application to solving 'Ax=b', where matrix 'A' does not have to be square,
X  and 'b' does not have to be a thin vector.
X- The package also implements Brent's univariate optimization and
X  root finding, Hooke-Jeeves multidimensional optimization of functors,
X  and Aitken-Lagrange interpolation.
X- Every feature is extensively tested in the validation code (included).
XCurrent Version:	4.3, December 25, 1998
XWWW: http://pobox.com/~oleg/ftp/packages.html
XOleg Kiselyov
Xmailto:oleg@pobox.com, mailto:oleg@acm.org, mailto:oleg@computer.org
END-of-linalg/pkg/DESCR
echo x - linalg/pkg/MESSAGE
sed 's/^X//' >linalg/pkg/MESSAGE << 'END-of-linalg/pkg/MESSAGE'
XDon't forget to compile and run verification/validation code: gmake check-all
Xor specifically, sub-targets
X	vmatrix vvector vmatrix1 vmatrix2 vlastreams
X	vali vhjmin vfminbr vzeroin
X	vsvd vslesing sample_ult sample_adv
XSee comments in a LinAlg/Makefile for details, as well as NumMath.dr.
XThe verification code checks to see that all the functions in this
Xpackage have compiled and run well. The validation code can also serve
Xas an illustration of how package's classes and functions may be
Xemployed.
END-of-linalg/pkg/MESSAGE
echo x - linalg/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >linalg/Makefile << 'END-of-linalg/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:	LinAlg
X# Version required:	4.3
X# Date created:         August 25, 1999
X# Whom:                 Oleg Kiselyov <oleg@pobox.com>
X#
X# $Id$
X#
XDISTNAME=	LinAlg4.3
XPKGNAME=	linalg-4.3
XCATEGORIES=	math
XMASTER_SITES=	${MASTER_SITE_LOCAL}
XMAINTAINER=	oleg@pobox.com
XBUILD_DEPENDS=	eg++:${PORTSDIR}/lang/egcs \
X		/usr/lib/libstdc++.a:${PORTSDIR}/lang/egcs
XWRKSRC=		${WRKDIR}/LinAlg
XALL_TARGET=	lib
XINSTALL_TARGET=	lib
XUSE_GMAKE=	yes
XNO_PACKAGE=	ignores cflags
Xpost-install:
X	$(INSTALL_DATA) ${WRKSRC}/libla.a ${PREFIX}/lib
X	${MKDIR} ${PREFIX}/include/LinAlg
X	$(INSTALL_DATA) ${WRKSRC}/LinAlg.h ${PREFIX}/include/LinAlg
X	$(INSTALL_DATA) ${WRKSRC}/LAStreams.h ${PREFIX}/include/LinAlg
X	$(INSTALL_DATA) ${WRKSRC}/builtin.h ${PREFIX}/include/LinAlg
X	$(INSTALL_DATA) ${WRKSRC}/math_num.h ${PREFIX}/include/LinAlg
X	$(INSTALL_DATA) ${WRKSRC}/minmax.h ${PREFIX}/include/LinAlg
X	$(INSTALL_DATA) ${WRKSRC}/myenv.h ${PREFIX}/include/LinAlg
X	$(INSTALL_DATA) ${WRKSRC}/std.h ${PREFIX}/include/LinAlg
X	$(INSTALL_DATA) ${WRKSRC}/svd.h ${PREFIX}/include/LinAlg
X.if !defined(NOPORTDOCS)
X	${MKDIR} ${PREFIX}/share/doc/LinAlg
X	${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/README ${PREFIX}/share/doc/LinAlg
X.endif
X.include <bsd.port.mk>
END-of-linalg/Makefile
exit