Date:      Fri, 6 Jan 2012 08:37:46 +0200
From:      Nikolay Denev <ndenev@gmail.com>
To:        sthaug@nethelp.no
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org, dougb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: openbgpds not talking each other since 8.2-STABLE upgrade

On Jan 4, 2012, at 3:42 PM, sthaug@nethelp.no wrote:

>> You are setting the keys with setkey for both directions of a single =
session, right?
>> i.e.:
>>=20
>>  add X.X.X.X Y.Y.Y.Y tcp 0x1000 -A tcp-md5 "SomePass";
>>  add Y.Y.Y.Y X.X.X.X tcp 0x1000 -A tcp-md5 "SomePass";
>>=20
>> As before it was only needed to set the "outgoing" direction key, =
which should not work anymore unless=20
>> net.inet.tcp.signature_verify_input is zero.
>=20
> Are you sure? I have net.inet.tcp.signature_verify_input =3D 1 and =
only
> one line in /etc/ipsec.conf for each BGP session using MD5 keys, on
> 8.2-STABLE.
>=20
> Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug@nethelp.no

Hmm, you are right, it seems that my second SAD entries are not used at =
all.
However I'm now running with net.inet.tcp.signature_verify_input =3D 0, =
because if I set it to 1
the BGP sessions to my other FreeBSD routers disconnect. (and that is =
running Quagga).
Am I the only one who sees this running Quagga? One difference probably =
is that I have both TCP-MD5 protected
sessions and ones that are not. And the not protected sessions fail if I =
start checking ingress tcp signatures.