Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 1995 03:40:18 -0400
From:      Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>
To:        julian@ref.tfs.com, peter@taronga.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports startup scripts

From: Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
> use Make to start the system

I like this idea. It also solves the dependency problem.

Can a make file 'include' be set to take in anything with a given
extension (a la ".INCLUDE *.startup.mk")?

> echo "# Hi there.. This is Eddy your Shipboard Computer " >/tmp/boot.mk
> for i in /init.mk/*
> do
>   echo ".include $i" >>/tmp/boot.mk
> done
> make -k -f /tmp/boot.mk

Or we just go back to the control file concept (:-), but have it be
a makefile, so depenencies are simple (and no longer file order specific).

-coranth

Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>      |  "Faith Manages."      |
                                          |        - Satai Delenn  |
Phone: 603-598-3440   Fax: 603-598-3430   +------------------------+
USMail: 3 Hansom Drive, Merrimack, NH  03054
Disclaimer: All these words are yours, except Europa...