Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2006 08:46:57 +0000
From:      John Birrell <jb@what-creek.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Loader forth

Gobbldy-gook! Yuk. I need help.

All I want to do is add another menu option that will do
the equivalent of:

cyclic_load="YES"
dtrace_load="YES"

etc

and then boot.

Adding the menu option was simple.

But it seems that the loader code does the module loading *before*
the menu is displayed and simply doing the setenvs when the key
press is detected is too late -- they get ignored.

Doing the setenv and then a boot-conf resets everything to what was
read from the config files. Grumble.

I see that the acpi implementation cheats and that module gets
loaded from the C-code. Is that because the design of the loader forth
doesn't allow this?

This is probably really simple for a forth programmer. Which I'm not.

Can anyone tell me how to do it?

--
John Birrell