Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 07:41:17 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Juha Nurmela <junki@qn-lpr2-98.quicknet.inet.fi>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: brooktree driver problems??

There are sizes which don't generate additional errors,
being careful to not to ask for odd dimensions (in &= 1 sense)
I never saw more than 75 ints/sec with the original driver (from VSYNC
twice and the final GEN_IRQ), after some bastardizing now only
25 ints/sec (GEN_IRQ only). Quality of the broadcast/camera might have an
impact here...

IMHO the risc code might be changed a bit to just
programatically generate the wanted interrupts (with risc-status)
and mask away vsync ints. Input errors (loss of signal etc)
should be taken too. The complicated determination
of correct field/frame in bktr_intr would then be unnecessary
as the risc code would not proceed into generating
the correct risc-status irq without good signal flowing.

I got so confused about the even/odd things.
Does VRE _follow_ even field ?
Which field produces the first visible scanline ?
Circles in still pictures look correct but moving objects
generate an effect which led me to think the fields are
from differing frames (maybe this is just the way television works ?)
Just try to capture interlaced picture from the fast-moving
business figures on CNBC :)
Can we get vbi data without the corresponding field of pixel data ?

Juha