Date:      Tue, 09 Nov 2004 18:58:37 +0100
From:      "MASSON D." <massonda@scarlet.be>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting up nat with FREEBSD 5.2.1 but keeping original mac address

Hello everybody,

I need to connect two networks together.
Those networks have total different IP ranges.
Each machine in network A needs to connect with a unique "nat'ed" ip
address to the network B, but it needs to keep its own MAC address (or,
if this is not possible, a fake one).
I try to use FREEBSD 5.2.1 with  NAT to do the job but this sends as
espected the mac address from the router to de destination host, in my
case this is not allowed.

PS A little bit firewall is welcome to.

Can this be done?
Perhaps with netgraph?

Masson D. from a small country with great chocolates (BELGIUM)
Sorry for my english it's a little bit wrong typed, I know.....