Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2000 09:24:45 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: We got a mention!

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Andreas Braukmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 01:48:58PM -0600, David Scheidt wrote:
>
> > shares the desk with.) The only things I don't have that I would
> > like are a really good spreadsheet-- though I haven't had a chance
> hmm. What's the matter with StarOffice's or Applix's spreadsheet
> that they break for you?

The spreadsheets I have to deal with are these massive multi-worksheet
festering heaps of compost.  The last time I tried to use Staroffice it
barfed on them.  That was 3x, though.  Has Excel importing improved?  I
haven't got Applix to see.  This is more of an interoperabilty issue than a
lack of software, I guess.  There's also the issue that I know how to use
Excel, and don't have time to learn something else.

David