Date:      Tue, 8 Sep 1998 08:25:27 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   TV card with bt848

I've tried to install, following the instructions very close, the Miro
TV
card that has got the bt848 chip on it, and it's also listed as
supported. Everything seems to end up good, I've created the video
devices /dev/bktr0 and /dev/tuner0

When I try to run fxtv I get the foloowing output:

open("/dev/bktr0") failed: Device not configured

Yes, I have compiled the kernel with the bktr0 device, and I put in
the line (in pci/brooktree848.c) #define OVERRIDE_CARD CARD_MIRO.

And I've also tried some various settings to hw.bt848, but the
result is the same.

I run 2.2.7-RELEASE

Any suggestions?

--