Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:45:30 +0100
From:      Kai Voigt <k@123.org>
To:        Roland Jesse <jesse@prinz-atm.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syscons, pcvt_drv, and psm errors while building the kernel

Roland Jesse wrote:

> I just cvsupped the stable sources, made my world but while trying to
> build a new kernel, I get some errors.
>
> The corresponding entries in my kernel config file are:
>
> device          sc0     at isa? tty
> device          vt0     at isa? tty
> device          psm0    at isa? tty irq 12
>
> The error messages when building the kernel are appended at the end of
> this email.
>
> I would appreciate any hints of what I am missing.
>
> 	Roland
>
> syscons.o: In function `scvidprobe':
> syscons.o(.text+0x227): undefined reference to `vid_configure'
> syscons.o(.text+0x244): undefined reference to `vid_allocate'
> syscons.o(.text+0x25f): undefined reference to `vid_get_adapter'

/usr/src/UPDATING tells

19990111:
  New keyboard and video card drivers are introduced as the first  stage of console driver reorganization.  You are required to  update the kernel configuration file and rebuild the kernel.  kbdcontrol, vidcontrol, and screen savers also need recompilation.  The instruction can be found in
    http://www.freebsd.org/~yokota/sc_update.txt

  It has notes on splash screen too.

Maybe that helps,
Kai

--
kai voigt                                               hamburger chaussee 36
                                                                   24113 kiel