Date:      Wed,  4 Oct 1995 07:45:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert N Watson <rnw+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        "Hector Gonzalez Jaime." <CACHO@mexicano.gdl.iteso.mx>, taob@io.org, hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: A moment in the life of ftp.cdrom.com

This is not really a very useful answer, but I know it used to be (and
probably still is the case) that when one ftp's to ftp.funet.fi, a
report on login of user status and maximum available bandwidth was
given.  I assumed, when I first saw this, that it meant you were limited
to a certain bandwidth, and this was to garuntee a load share.  Whether
this is the case is an interesting question, I guess.  Maybe one could
email them?

Excerpts from internet.computing.freebsd-hackers: 4-Oct-95 Re: A moment
in the life of.. Gary Palmer@palmer.demon (802)

----
    Robert Watson (rnw+@andrew.cmu.edu) * Double major: IDS/CS * H&SS
          http://www.watson.org/	robert@fledge.watson.org