Date:      Sat, 1 May 1999 13:03:17 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BitKeeper (was Re: solid NFS patch #6 avail for -current - need testers files)

On Sat, 1 May 1999, Matthew Dillon wrote:

#
#:BitKeeper should be ready soon.
#:
#:Once it's been proven stable, might it be a better alternative to CVS?
#:
#:H
#
#     Maybe, but we wouldn't know for a couple of years.  You don't just go
#     trusting 15+ years worth of source history to a program that has just
#     barely been written.  I think the Linux people are making a huge mistake
#     by not using CVS.

From what I gather (and I could very well be wrong), but I
think BitKeeper is somewhat based on SCCS.  I'm not advocating
that we ditch CVS either, just that BitKeeper may not be as new
and fresh as some would like us to believe.  Looks like an old
friend (or nemisis) dressed in a new set of rags. :)

-steve