Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:09:47 -0700
From:      "glenn gombert" <glenngombert@zdnetonebox.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD CW-Writer Problem

Hello,

  I am running FreeBSD Current and having a problem with my Memorx CRW-1662
CD-Writer and trying to use it with 'burncd'. I tried to write a small
test 'iso' Image that I made using mkisofa and got the following error
message "MODE_SELECT_BIG - Illegal Request'...when trying to write to
the CRW-1662....

  As another test I used 'burncd' to erase a CR-R/W with the 'burncd
erase' command and it seemed to work just fine....

 Can anyone tell me what the above error is about and how I might get
the Memorex CRW-1662 with my FreeBSD Current System??

Thanks in Advance,
Glenn Gombert
Dayton, Ohio