Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 1996 11:26:44 -0500
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anybody checked out XQuad/Xcl?

In lists.freebsd.hackers you write:

>> Strange.  Under -stable the install was painless and both run quite
>> OK.  I can't comment on bugs; they don't support 16bpp so they went
>> back into the archive.  The demo versions expire in three days anyway.

>Hmmm.  I followed each step explicitly, but this was under -current
>and not -stable, so I wonder if that had something to do with it.

>Various things feel over left and right, and when I installed
>everything carefully by hand (after reading their installation script
>to see what it would have done), I got apps that ran but complained
>mightily about missing fonts and such (which were installed, and I set
>their little environment variables up to point to them as per
>instructions).  I then composed a detailed log of my experiences,
>send them to the bug reporting address and never got anything back.

Strange, it must be you Jordan.  I ran the install script and told it to write
in /usr/local/X4u, which it did peachy keen.  Everything went smoothly, and it
works great for me (at 8bpp).  A coworker of mine is also using it just fine...

-Crh
--

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu

                         http://pilot.msu.edu/~henrich