Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2012 10:20:41 -0500
From:      Joseph Lenox <lordofhyphens@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to mirror the FreeBSD OS on two disks

What about a ZFS root? Just make sure both disks are in the BIOS/EFT
boot order.
http://www.aisecure.net/2011/11/28/root-zfs-freebsd9/

Something else we noticed on our site is that backup of a system
snapshot can be quickly restored using just a live CD (do up to step 5,
then replace steps 6-7 with a zfs receive of the desired snapshot).