Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2012 17:30:35 +0100
From:      Mathias Picker <Mathias.Picker@virtual-earth.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Welcome to Ardour 3 Beta 5 for FreeBSD

Am Dienstag, den 18.12.2012, 17:04 +0100 schrieb Mathias Picker:
> Am Dienstag, den 18.12.2012, 12:19 -0200 schrieb Marcel Bonnet:
> > Hi, folks.
> >
> > == Welcome to Ardour 3 Beta 5 for FreeBSD ==
> >
> > I'm announcing a port for Ardour 3 Beta 5 (revision 13072), the last
> > beta before the 3.0-RELEASE.
>
> Wow, thanks! Just in time for Xmas.
> >
> > First, thanks to Juergen Lock for his Ardour 3 Beta 1 port. I evolved on
> > the same Makefile and patches.
> >
> > == Notes ==
> [snip]
>
> Before I comment on the other ports let me try to build ardour.
>
> First, I needed to add -lstdc++ for waf to compile the boost test, and
> now I'm missing sratom, which is not in ports and wasn't needed for
> Ardour3b1.
>
> Do you have it?

OK, I build it myself.

Now I get:

[ 55/756] cxx: libs/evoral/src/SMF.cpp ->
build/libs/evoral/src/SMF.cpp.2.o
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-rdynamic'
../libs/vamp-sdk/src/vamp-hostsdk/PluginHostAdapter.cpp:41:2: error:
Unexpected version of Vamp SDK header
      included
#error Unexpected version of Vamp SDK header included
 ^
1 error generated.

My vamp:

mp# pkg info|grep vamp
vamp-plugin-sdk-2.3            Vamp audio analysis plugin SDK

Ardour ships with it's own vamp library and seems to get in trouble
here. I do not yet know how to work around it, will investigate.
Any hints welcome.

Cheers, Mathias