Date:      Tue, 03 Jul 2001 10:24:58 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "Cheffo Izroda" <mujahidin@egypt.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ata2 configuration (urgen)

Do you have a 3rd hard drive, or a 3rd controller ? The two devices below
are the controllers-- old style at that--  and each can normally take two
drives.
Also, look at LINT. It states,

# For older non-PCI systems, these are the lines to use:
#device         ata0    at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14
#device         ata1    at isa? port IO_WD2 irq 15

Is this your system  ??

Otherwise, use the regular,

# The 'ATA' driver supports all ATA and ATAPI devices.
# It can reuse the majors of wd.c for booting purposes.
# You only need one "device ata" for it to find all
# PCI ATA/ATAPI devices on modern machines.
device          ata
device          atadisk         # ATA disk drives
device          atapicd         # ATAPI CDROM drives
device          atapifd         # ATAPI floppy drives
device          atapist         # ATAPI tape drives

         ---Mike