Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 1997 22:41:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kwoody <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD225 and BSDOS2.1/BSDOS3.0

On Sat, 1 Nov 1997, Greg Lehey wrote:

> > I had access to a BSDI 2.1 server for a few months and man was it
> > fast!  (its being used for other purposes now, and in its place is
> > AIX 3.2)
>
> For a long time, I had FreeBSD 2.2 and BSD/OS 2.1 running on two
> similar machines.  I didn't notice much speed difference.  Now I have
> 3.0, and I haven't got round to installing it.  There's not much
> difference.  At one point, I said "sure, BSD/OS is better than
> FreeBSD, but then you have to pay for it".  Nowadays I can't point to
> anything that's decidedly better, but that could be lack of knowledge.

Well it the BSD 2.1 machine was (is) running on a 200 mhz machine so in
comparison to my dx66 and the AIX machine that I use now its way faster!
Overall though when I did get around to fbsd, I found many things very
similiar to bsdi.

Though really thinking about getting 2.2.5 on cd and installing it on a
cyrix 166 that I have cause the only thing I seem to do with it these
days is for fragging a few buddies on Duke3D!