Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:12:17 -0600
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: New gettext update

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:49:13 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke
<marcus@marcuscom.com> wrote:

> I'm sure that by now, people have seen that the main gettext port was
> updated to 0.13, and 0.12.1 was moved to gettext-old.  This is going to
> cause some headaches for GNOME users (well, anyone really).  What you
> need to do is first remove gettext, then install gettext-old.  At that
> point, you should be okay.
>
> What would be nice is for someone with a fast machine to modify the
> necessary GNOME bits to use the new gettext, and do a full GNOME build.
> If that works, we can migrate GNOME over to the new gettext (and then
> we'll have to remove gettext-old, and install gettext...).  Yes, this
> sucks.

What do we need to modify the GNOME bits to use the new gettext? I am
happy to do it (Gnome 2.5.x, of course) tonight and should be finish build
by tomorrow in morning (usually build 5 to 6 hours for Gnome 2.5.x).

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.