Date:      Mon, 6 Jul 1998 22:51:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      wayward@telefusion.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Error 14 during install from boot floppy

I'm running a 386DX33 with a 1.2GB hard disk.  I'm trying to do an FTP
installation using boot.flp.  I've tried three different floppies, at
least one of which had worked on a previous installation on a Pentium,
formatted on three different machines and one of them was the Pentium with
FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE.  Every time I boot the system from the floppy it
goes to the kernel configuration just fine.  And when I save the settings
and exit it finds all the devices specified.  But then it can't find init.
I keep getting 'error 14' for every directory in the path.  Then it says
'init not found', 'panic: init not found' and proceeds to automatically
reboot and start the process all over again.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong, I just don't know what.  Any clues?
Any recommendations?

Many thanks,
   ---steve
Steve Aines